Арлоло, админота,
администратор
и админотавр
I was at my dads' house for thanksgiving. My step mom was there, as were my grandparents.

Dad decided to make the stuffing. So he put it in a baking dish, and when it was done he took it out of the oven. It smelled wonderful, but as he left it on the stovetop, it took a smell of burning for us to realize that the burner (it was dumb and electric) was on.

So dad went running into the kitchen, put on some oven mitts, and lifted the casserole dish to inspect the bottom for damage.

He deemed everything okay, and as he turned to leave the kitchen, the dish and all of the stuffing in it EXPLODED. My grandmother freaked out, dad had some glass stuck to his clothes, but other than that, everything was fine.

Had he checked the dish for a bit longer, it could've shattered in his hands and blinded him for life.

For his birthday that year, Gram gave him a pyrex baking dish that would never shatter, and a pair of goggles.


@темы: food - thanksgiving